Creating Your Family Portfolio – Virtual Learning Series
November 5th and 19th, December 3rd and 17th, 2020
In an effort to continue empowering families during this time, a free, interactive family training will be offered by MFOFC (Massachusetts Families Organizing for Change) on Zoom titled “Creating Your Family Portfolio”.
This training is designed to help families develop a vision for a good life, and consider the following:
- What we need to know and do to achieve the goal of a good life
- How we can find and develop supports
- What it will take to live the life we want to live
Why will this training be helpful for families?
This training will help families organize their ideas, vision, and goals for their current life situation as well as for their future life, with a concentration on building a life of inclusion and productivity. Families will be introduced to a user-friendly framework and visual tools that will help with present and future problem solving, navigating of systems, and advocating for supports.
Upon completion of the training, families will have:
- Completed a family perspective portfolio
- Explored and developed initiative and family leadership skills
- Developed connections with other families/peers
This training will be organized into four weekly sessions and will convene via Zoom. There will be individual drop in sessions for families who need additional support.
Registered Families must:
- Attend each session and complete short weekly assignments
- Participate in activities during each session.
If you’re interested in participating, please download and complete the registration form below.
Please email your completed registration form to Yvonne Carpenter – email@example.com.
We encourage you to return your registration form as soon as possible. Forms will be reviewed upon receipt, and families will be contacted upon acceptance. We look forward to hearing from you!