Parent Workshop Series: Part 1 – LGBTQ+ Identity and Insights
October 17 @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Do you want to be an ally for LGBTQ+ identifying youth? Are you committed to equitable treatment and education for all youth?
Then join us for the first part of this 2-part empowering Virtual Parent Training Series to celebrate diversity provided by Greater Boston PFLAG to promote understanding, empathy, and inclusion:
Part 1: “LGBTQ+ Identity & Expression 101” Tuesday October 17th, 6:30 PM – 8PM.
- LGBTQ+ Language and Insights: Understand LGBTQ+ terminology, concepts, and expressions. Practice inclusive language and pronouns.
- Allyship Tools: Gain practical skills to show respect and support for LGBTQ+ identities. Strengthen your allyship by understanding diverse perspectives.
- Open Conversations: Explore the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ individuals. Explore the unique challenges of youth holding intersecting marginalized identities.
- Come and learn to:
- Be an Ally: Empower yourself with knowledge and tools to support your child and LGBTQ+ youth.
- Deepen Understanding: Explore LGBTQ+ terminology, concepts, and challenges in a safe and inclusive space.
- Promote Inclusion: Help create a world where diversity is celebrated and embraced.
- Become an ally, ask questions, and grow together!
Register for the second part of this series separately. Part 2: “Transgender Awareness & Allyship” Thursday November 16, 6:30 PM.
The link for this program will be sent following registration for this event.