On Sunday, April 26, 2020 we will be holding our signature fundraising event attended by more than 1,500 people. This is the 20th year anniversary of our walk and our theme is Autism Superhero. We believe that our volunteers are the Superheros who make this event a success.
This event will be held at Bancroft School, 110 Shore Drive, Worcester, MA 01605. We look forward to working with you.
Set Up 6am – 9am
- Help set up the tents, tables and chairs
- Put up the signage at the park
- Help set up the trash bins
5K Volunteers 8am – 11:30am
- Set up the signage along the 5K route
- Guide and cheer runners and walkers
- In charge of the water stations
- Distribute water & bananas to runners and walkers
- Collect all signage on the 5K route at 11:30am
Massad Kids Fun Run
- Set up the kids fun run obstacles
- Guide and cheer the kids as they participate
- Move the kids along to avoid overcrowding
- Break down all kids fun run after the event
Food Tent Volunteers 11am – 1pm
- Help distribute the food
- Help with making sure there is order when people a getting food/water
Grounds Keeper 10am – 2pm
- Help keep the park clean by picking up trash
- Restock the toilet paper in the bathrooms
Clean Up 2pm – 4pm
- Help with tents, tables and chairs breakdown
- Collect all signage at the park
I acknowledge and assume all risks associated with this event including, without limitations, falls, animal bites, food poisoning, effects of weather, including heat and humidity, traffic, road and ground conditions. I have read and full understand this waiver and in consideration of the acceptance of my entry, for myself and anyone legally acting on my behalf, I waive and release HMEA’s Autism Resource Central, a program of HMEA, Inc.,Bancroft School, its employees, directors, officers, volunteers, agents, successors and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities or causes of action, including without limitation, death, bodily injury, property damage, or any other loss, damage or any inconvenience whatsoever, arising from my participation in this event. Further, I grant full permission to HMEA’s Autism Resource Central to use photographs, videos and other types of recordings of me in advertising, trade or any commercial purpose in legitimate accounts and promotions of this event. I waive the right to inspect versions of my image used for publication or the written copy in connection with the images.
REGISTER Below – Please put the number of volunteers you are registering in Quantity and the rest will pop up below.