COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted
On May 29, the Commonwealth lifted COVID-19 restrictions, except in certain settings including group homes, day programs, and transportation. Important COVID-19 protocols on surveillance testing, PPE, and infection control will remain in place for our programs.
• All people age 12+ in Massachusetts are now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Walk-in appointments are now available at most vaccination sites, meaning you no longer need to book an appointment in advance.
• The Homebound Vaccination Program is now available to anyone with trouble getting to a vaccination site. Call 1-833-983-0485 to schedule your in-home vaccination.
• Call 2-1-1 or (877) 211-6277 to schedule an appointment over the phone.
• Use the VaxFinder website to search for appointments at pharmacies, health care providers, and other community locations.
If you need help planning a COVID-19 vaccination for an individual served by DDS, please contact your DDS Service Coordinator.
Individuals served by DDS should follow the public mask guidance in public settings. If you are vaccinated, wear a mask if the setting requires it. If you are unvaccinated, public health guidance recommends you continue to wear masks in public and settings in which others may be unvaccinated.
We have asked our residential settings to return to their pre-pandemic visitation policies and practices with the following exceptions:
• Continued screening of all visitors for symptoms of illness and COVID-19 infection.
• Suspended visitation when a resident is isolating due to COVID infection or there is a COVID-19 outbreak at the program.
• Visitors must wear masks indoors at the home except if fully vaccinated and visiting a fully vaccinated resident in their room. Staff are still required to wear masks in group homes, regardless of vaccination status.
• Residents who are fully vaccinated may visit with loved ones who are fully vaccinated without maintaining social distancing or wearing masks, if they choose.
Page 4 of 4
Please see below for helpful links and resources:
• Massachusetts vaccine information:
• Find available appointments using VaxFinder.mass.gov
• Homebound Vaccination Program
• FAQ: Transportation to COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments for MassHealth Members
• Accessibility Information – Mass Vaccination Sites
• Vaccine Appointment Guide
o What to Know Before You Go
o What You Need for Your Appointment
• Vaccine FAQ: Vaccine Safety
• Vaccine FAQ in multiple languages
Guidance for DDS Programs